Wednesday, October 11, 2006



This image of the famous Lakota chief Red Cloud is something I did some years ago when I had more time on my hands (and I must have been crazy at the time as well, since this piece is done entirely with dots of ink from a Rapidograph pen). I utilized an unfused copier image of a photograph for 'Red' which was then erased once the ink had been applied. I added the custom border to give it a frame and balance and then checked myself into the asylum....because I knew I must be mad to do all those dots (estimated to be in the range of 16 million by the Bureau of Standards)!

I only did one of these and will never do another.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

would you be opposed to letting me copy & enlarge this for one of my friends? he's a spokesperson for native american education, and he'd love it... i'd also like to print our your expanation and glue it on the back with super glue or chewing gum or something awesome like that.

Anonymous said...

I would be flattered as long as he acknowledged me as the artist. I also need to look up the original photographer so as to give him credit. But let me get a print off of the original as this is just a blurry digital photo.